This webpage provides a list of some useful resources to help guide the research translation process. Here is a brief annotated bibliography of some of these documents:
Research translation concepts, approaches and models
- Knowledge Translation: Introduction to Models, Strategies, and Measures. Sudsawad, Pimjai. National Center for Dissemination of Disability Research. Austin, TX. 2007.
- Conceptual challenges in the translation of research into practice: it’s not just a matter of “communication" Young, D., & Borland, R. (2011). Translational Behavioral Medicine, 1(2):256-69. doi:10.1007/s13142-011-0035-1.
Research Translation Partnerships
- Rethinking Research Partnerships: Discussion Guide and Toolkit Research & Evidence: Hilary Cornish (Christian Aid), Jude Fransman (Open University) and Kate Newman (Christian Aid). 2017
- How can we strengthen research and knowledge systems in the Global South?: Reflections from INASP’s five year SRKS programme Harle, Jon. INASP: Research and knowledge at the heart of development. June 2018
Process and Translation Products
- The Knowledge Translation Toolkit: Bridging the Know-Do Gap: A Resource for Researchers Bennett, Gavin and Jessani, Nasreen, Editors. International Development Research Centre, Canada. SAGE Publications, Incorporated. June 2011
- Making Research Findings Actionable: A quick reference to communicating health information for decision-making MEASURE Evaluation, December 2009 MS-09-39
- Brownson, Ross C., Colditz, Graham A., Proctor, Enola Knisley (2018). Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health: Translating Science to Practice. Oxford University Press: Oxford, England.
- Grimshaw, Jeremy M., Eccles, Martin P., Lavis John N., Hill, Sophie J., & Squires, Janet E. (2012). Knowledge Translation of Research Findings, Implementation Science (7:50).
- McLean, Robert, K.D., Graham, Ian, D., Bosompra, Kwadwo, Choudhry, Yumna, Coen, Stephanie E., Macleod, Martha… Tucker, Joanne (2012). Understanding the performance and impact of public knowledge translation funding interventions: Protocol for an evaluation of Canadian Institutes of Health Research knowledge translation funding programs.Implementation Science (7:57).
Measuring Research Translation
- An approach to measuring and encouraging research translation and research impact Searles et al. Health Research Policy and Systems (2016)
Research Translation Blogs and Twitter sites
- LSE Impact Blog: A forum for those interested in increasing the impact of academic research on policy, society and business. @LSEImpactBlog
- Research to Action: Research to Action (R2A) is here to provide guidance and inspiration on how to bring development research into focus and into use. @Research2Action
- Alliance for Useful Evidence: The Alliance for Useful Evidence champions the use of evidence in social policy & practice, @A4UEvidence
- IDRC | CRDI: International Development Research Centre / Le Centre de recherches pour le développement international. @IDRC_CRDI
- The Center for Global Development: Independent research + practical ideas for global prosperity. @CGDev
- Knowledge Nudge: A blog focusing on knowledge translation – synthesis, exchange, application & dissemination – from a health perspective. Topics include the science of knowledge translation, patient engagement, and media & dissemination.